Nyasha Derera served with Special Olympics as a Sargent Shriver International Global Messenger from 2019 to 2023. He is a short and long distance runner who most recently completed the 2022 Berlin Marathon leading up to the 2022 Berlin World Games. He is a Global Health Messenger and past Chairperson of the Special Olympics Global Athlete Congress. Through his leadership roles he speaks with confidence, kindness, empathy, bravery and compassion.
You can watch the video of our interview below. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to be notified of new episodes when they are posted!
Learn more about Nyasha:
- Nyasha Derera, Special Olympics Sargent Shriver International Global Messenger (specialolympics.org)
- Role Model & Advocate: Meet Nyasha (specialolympics.org)
- Nyasha Derera at the United Nations (specialolympics.org)
- Special Olympics Leadership Profile (specialolympics.org)
- LinkedIn Profile (linkedin.com)
- From Africa to the World – Meet Special Olympics Africa Region’s Newest Global Messenger (medium.com)
- Special Olympics at the Berlin Marathon (medium.com)
- Surgeon General Vivek Murthy underscores mental health at Special Olympics event (mmm-online.com)